I like it. Now there is no such an idle tactical game like this one. If it was bigger, with unlocking tecs, with the purchase of new units - I would have bought it for sure. Great job
Board 'n' pieces
== Full screen recommended==
A tactical (board?) game for 2 players playing on the same machine. (Shh it’s a lot easier to play if you have 2 mouses)
Made in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 42. This is my first Ludum Dare Compo submission, yay!
I really hate how bad I am at chess. The pieces keep jumping around through impossible spaces, and my king got mated inside a castle!?
So here’s a totally non-chess-like game, where your surrounding allies can support you, and pieces can’t cross the whole board in a single turn.
And you know what, let’s forget the king. It’s 2018, everyone’s equal! (I mean the game mode is Last Man Standing)
Controls: Mouse only unfortunately.
- Engine: Unity
- Sound: Audacity, Garage Band, Bfxr
- Images: Aseprite
Source Code Note:
The source included doesn’t run as it is. Unfortunately some of the code libraries I used are paid assets (most notably Entitas) and thus I can’t include them for public sharing.
## Don't read the part below if you haven't played the game ##
**Possible variations I thought of**
(Do tell me if you think one of them is a good idea)
- Bring the "king" back: each player secretly assign a squad as their "king" units. When that unit die, they lose.
- Bring the king back 2: no secret, but the leader squad get a buff (x2 strength maybe?)
- Stop the snowball: each time a squad is defeated, its controlling player get a skull mark to use (mark a tile to destroy)
- Custom team (choose your loadout/formation)
Click download now to get access to the following files: